Thursday, July 30, 2015
Welcome Cruisers! I am so excited that you have chosen to join this adventure! Now we can look forward to going somewhere warm this winter to relax and create art. I am starting this blog and a private Facebook group for everyone in the workshop..b both artists and their non-artist partners and roommates. Part of the fun of a trip is in the anticipation and planning. This will serve as a forum for informations and question and answers.
I invite you to sign up to receive email updates. You will receive all new posts via email. Sign up in the box on the sidebar.
I also invite you to join our private group on Facebook. This is a secret invitation only group. We had one for my Finland workshop and it was a great way to help in the planning and we now continue to post our work to the blog. I will send you an email invitation to the group.
Please feel free to post any ideas for blog topics in the comment section.
Art Cruise dates : February 27 - March 6, 2016
Cruising is the ultimate way to relax and recharge. Imagine unpacking just once and being transported to beautiful tropical islands. All your needs are taken care of leaving you free.... free to create art and practice the art of relaxation.
Escape the cold this winter and join me on an 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the beautiful Carnival Breeze.
What is special about an Art Cruise?
- Visit four wonderful islands in the Eastern Caribbean. This itinerary includes some of my favorite ports of call: St. Thomas USVI, St. Maarten NA, Antigua and Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. This itinerary also has three sea days.
- Learn the practice of 'Plein Air Lite'... how to simplify our supplies and painting process. We will learn how to paint with less and experience more.
- Discover the art of the sketchbook. The ship and the islands provide perfect material for our travel sketch journals. We will keep a multimedia sketch journal.
- Explore the ports of call with your camera on our photo safaris. Discover how to get the best shots with any camera. Learn how to see better and make better use of your photos for painting references.
- Discover the wonderful world of painting small and give 'Lounge Chair Painting' a try. Learn tips and tricks for keeping things simple.
- Learn pastel painting techniques and tips for painting the tropical scenery through my demonstrations, instruction and hands-on help. Clouds, skies, water, sand, tropical flora, colorful buildings and adding figures to a landscape will all be covered.
- Meet new friends who share the same Art Spirit as you. Share your passion with other like minded artists.
- Slow down. Relax. Spoil yourself. Let the warm sunshine and gentle tropical breezes release the paintings that are waiting to come out!
What: Cruise and workshop on the Carnival Breeze leaving from Miami, Florida
When: February 27 - March 6, 2016 (Saturday - Sunday)
Cost: Workshop fee is $350 and includes instruction, demonstrations, hands-on help, one painting shore excursion.
Cruise fare: Inside cabins start out at $817.90 per person double occupancy total cost with all taxes and fees.Outside cabins start out at $957.90 per person total cost with all taxes and fees.
balcony cabins start out at $1267.90 per person total cost with all taxes and fees.
Not included: Transportation to and from Miami. Transfer to and from ship from airport, gratuities for ship crew, shore excursions and incidentals.
How: Workshop fee is payable to me by check or Paypal. $100 deposit will secure your spot.
Cruise cabin reservations are made with my travel agent Dick Gothner of Skyscraper Tours.
I have worked with Dick for over 10 years and he is the best! He will work with you to make
sure you get the cabin that best suits your needs.
Contact me for more information or to register firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on our Ports of Call. Click to enlarge
For more information on Carnival Cruises visit the website www.carnival.com